- You MUST register online to be able to bid, prior to the Tax Sale. Please register at the Zeus Auction website. (This is also where the Sale will be held.)
- If you have any questions regarding the Tax Sale; how it will work or registration, please contact SRI at (800) 800-9588.
- You can view a list of the properties, minimum bid amounts, photos of the properties and G.I.S. maps prior to the sale on the Zeus Auction website.
- All tax sales are a minimum bid auction. The minimum bid is the amount due for all years back taxes, which also includes any penalties, interest charges, fees incurred, current summer and village tax bills and some invoices from the local municipality. ***The purchaser of the property will be responsible for any and all future tax bills, and outstanding special assessments/invoices, not included in minimum bid, due at the local municipality.
- You will not be able to go through the properties.
- The purchaser accepts the property in an "as-is" condition and releases Lenawee County from all liability from the condition of the premises, whether known at the time of the Tax Sale or discovered after the fact.
- Prior to the Tax Sale you must do your own research for any and all properties your are interested in - by contacting the local municipality for building and/or use regulations as well as any outstanding Special Assessments or invoices.
- The winning bid must be paid in full by 12:00 pm, Tuesday, September 5, 2023. Failure to pay for the purchase will result in the bidder being banned from all future tax sales and charged 25% of the winning bid.
- All successful bidders will be required to sign an affidavit affirming that they do not directly or indirectly hold any interest in any property with delinquent taxes located in Lenawee County. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the sale. A notary will be on site, photo ID is required. ***The Treasurer's office can and will decline your bid, if they discover you have Delinquent taxes owing on any parcel the Registered bidder has an interest in.
- The only accepted forms of payment are cash, money order, or cashier's check, made payable to Lenawee County Treasurer. Personal or Business checks are not accepted.
- The Lenawee County Treasurer's Office will prepare and record the Quit Claim Deeds within 30 days of the Tax Sale.
- We recommend that physical possession of the property is not taken until the purchaser receives their recorded Quit Claim Deed.
- Title Insurance Companies may or may not issue title insurance on properties sold at tax sale. Lenawee County will not take any property back due to the unavailability of title insurance. It is the purchaser's responsibility to satisfy the requirement of the Title Insurance Companies in order to obtain title insurance.
- Properties can be pulled from Tax Sale at any time at the Treasurer's discretion.
- More detailed listing of Rules and Regulations are available on the website for the Tax Sale on the Zeus Auction website. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Notice of Intention to Claim Interest in Foreclosure Sales Proceeds
Beginning with the 2021 foreclosures, in accordance with MCL 211.78t those who hold title or equity interest in property at the time of foreclosure, may file to claim leftover proceeds, if any are available, associated to those parcels which sell for more than the owing delinquency.
Claiming potential proceeds begins with filing the below form, 5743 Notice of Intention to Claim Interest in Foreclosure Sale Proceeds, with the Lenawee County Treasurer by July 1 immediately following the effective date of the foreclosure. The Lenawee County Treasurer will respond by January 31 following the foreclosure auctions, with a form 5744 Notice to Claimant to File Motion with the Circuit Court. Provided there actually are surplus proceeds remaining for the property, the claimant may then file a motion with the circuit court between February 1 and May 15, following the notice from the Lenawee County Treasurer. The courts will then set a hearing date and time to determine claim payments.
301 N. Main St. Adrian MI 49221
301 N. Main Street
Adrian, MI 49221
Phone: 517-264-4554Fax: 517-264-4556
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
*The office closes from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. for lunch daily
Erin Van DykeTreasurer